Sunday, August 11, 2013

Events: Indieket 2013


This is one komikon that I actually was not supposed to be attending. I had set my mind, after I discovered the schedule of this event, that I could only go to the Winter Komikon 2013. This is due to my busy and conflicting schedules at school. Well, I guess I had luck on my side yesterday (August 10, 2013), that's when my class got cancelled, I suddenly got the chance to experience this type of Komikon which is now on its 2nd year.

 

Indieket 2013, is a Komikon dedicated to the independent comic creators. It showcases the talents of artists and writers that keeps afloat and contributes to the rich stories and art that our comics have. It is a chance to reach out to the people even thru small populations. For they are promising to give us stories that are worth to be read. This is my first time to attend an indieket that was held at the Bayanihan Center, which is the same venue for the yearly Summer and Winter Komikons. This year's indieket is on its second year and it promises to grow in the succeeding years. I have not attended the first one so I cannot compare exactly the changes and growth that Indieket 2013 has from Indieket 2012. However, compared to the usual Komikon, the Indieket only took up half of the big conference room. The crowd was, as far as I was there from 1:30 p.m. up to 3:00 p.m. were fewer compared to the usual Komikon. But this I could say be expected since this event is still starting out and is still on its way on gathering crowds to take a look on the works that are independently published by writers who are still on the start point of trying to attract more people. Well, given those things, there is this cool thing that I got to do due to the event catalog that was given away. It is arranged like a mini book, let say like a comic book format, since before I had attended a Komikon before wherein the event catalog was still made like a newspaper. Now it was arranged like a comic book, however it had a sort of blank cover, so I had thought of an interesting way for me to really remember that event. I used that blank cover and asked some artists that were present, whose works I love, to sketch something on it. It is one cool thing that I brought home with me, along with the comics that I had gotten from that day.

Sketches are done by Carlo Jose San Juan, MD (Callous Comics), KaJo Baldisimo (Trese), Pol Medina (Pugad Baboy), Andoyman (Palimos ng Kulangot), and Ian Sta. Maria (Skyworld)

Well that's mostly it. I'm just going to invite you to attend the next Komikons including the Winter Komikon 2013 that is set on November 16, 2013 at Bayanihan Center, Pasig City.

Here are the things that I got from Indieket 2013:


  • Lagro: Ang Kalapating Mukhang Manok
    • Drama
    • Jez and Richard Arguilla
    • Kama Komiks
  • Chained Story
    • Horror
    • Reylee & Zovaschi
    • Pirte Bal Media
  • Palimos ng Kulangot
    • Slice of Life
    • Ronibats / Andoyman
    • Ronibats
  • Food Court
    • Love Story
    • Andoyman
    • Andoyman Komiks
  • Ang Sumpa (Chapter 1 Parts 1 &2)
    • Detective
    • Andoyman
    • Andoyman Komiks
  • A Historical Comic: Komikwento
    • Miko Migriño
  • The Hunting (Chapter 1)
    • Daniel Collado, Miko Migriño, and Laraine Gazmen
  • Callous Comics: Chocolate Chip Wishes and Caffeine Dreams
  • Callous Comics: Take Two Spoonfuls of the Sunny Side!
  • Callous Comics: The Land of the Guardians
  • Callous Comics: On Lighter Dreams
    • Fantasy / Adventure
    • Carlo Jose San Juan, MD
    • Feathers and Tar Production
  • Trese 6 Preview & Stories From The Diabolical
    • Budjette Tan and KaJo Baldisimo
  • Sixty Six (Chapter 2)
    • Russel Molina and Ian Sta. Maria
  • Pugad Baboy 25
    • Pol Medina Jr.
  • Sulyap
    • Gio Paredes, RH Quilantang, Mel Casipit, Ian Olympia, Rommel J. Estanislao, Tepai Pascual, Josel Nicolas, and Macoy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...