Friday, May 3, 2013

Comics: Ang Sumpa ~ Kabanata 1: 1:23 AM

Created by: Andoyman
Story Assist by: SuperGi
Rated: T+ / Teenage 13+
Genre: Detective / Mystery / Suspense
Andoyman Komiks
(5/5 ★★★)


One thing that I liked by wandering around the different booths during Komikons is venturing among the so-called indie comics. It's trying your luck if you're going to get a comic that you're going to love or well, just enjoy if you get bored. However, I must say I found another set of goodies  hehe. I didn't know much that the comics I bought were just as good as the ones I got from Macoy (creator of School Run). The title and the artwork of Ang Sumpa Kabanata 1 Unang Bahagi was the one comic that caught my attention from Andoyman's table. As I flipped for a few pages, my eyes brightened since the illustrations were good, the story well I just had to guess it could be written well since I don't usually read the story when doing this random buying of comics from artists I don't know much yet. Well suffice it to say that due to the good impression I had on that single comic, I bought his two other comics as well (Ang Sumpa Kabanata 1 Ikalawang Bahagi and Foodcourt. I think luck was on my side back then since I also got the last free copy of Palimos ng Kulangot, in which the person next to me was I think only looking for that comic title.

"1:23 AM. Natagpuang wala nang buhay ang katawan ng Pangulo ng Pilipinas. Nagpakamatay? O... Pinatay? Isang tao lang ang makakaalam." - Ang Sumpa

This is how the story is given a glimpse on its back cover on both parts of both comics. The story introduces a plot with the president being killed while he is being anticipated to arrive at a party. The story also introduces the characters Javier and Arman, whom I suppose would be the ones to solve the crime. Hehe, even though this 1st chapter just mainly gives an introductory plot of the story, I'm really looking forward in reading the next issues of this story. It'll give me a bit of gearing away from the paranormal investigation style that I a bit got accustomed of from reading the Trese series. But still I really am eager to get my hands on the next issue and also get to the part of the story that could tell us why the artist chose that title.

Note: Images were taken from the artist's webpages

He can be seen on:
Facebook Page: "Andoyman"

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...