Saturday, October 25, 2014

Comics: Overrated

Illustration and Story by: hazardous-bastard
Ink Jinks Comics
(1/5 ☆☆)


It's the cover of this comic that prompted me into buying it. Add in my desire to try out other artists' works that are showcased during Komikon.

Frankly speaking the story of Overrated is messy. The only clear thing that I can grasp is that a group of friends met up at the bar where Daniel Roberto, usually referred to as Dan, works as a barista. They came to meet up after 1 year of David's death.

I found the other dialogues to be confusing as some text bubbles aren't clearly placed as to who said it. For the illustrations, I would say it also needs improvement. At some point, one would wonder why Dan is the only one with the black hair. I think some pages weren't fully utilized since some large blank spaces can be seen in some areas. It is also recommended that the artist personally draw some of the images used. It just doesn't look good after it has been photocopied.

Overall, I got disappointed with this comic. Neither the story nor the illustration had at least been strong enough to tell the story. I really do hope for improvements with the future works from this artist.

More of the creator's works can be seen at:

More of Ink Jinks Comics can be seen at:
Facebook Page: "Ink Jinks Comics"
Twitter: @inkjinks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...