Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Comics: The Adventures of Apocalypse Al ~ Issue 1 (Retailer Exclusive Preview Edition)

Story by: J. Michael Straczynski
Illustrated by: Sid Kotian
Color by: Bill Farmer
Rated: M / Mature
Joe's Comics
Image Comics
(4/5 ★★★☆)


"I love L.A. Beverly Hills on one side, demonic creatures on the other. Sometimes it's hard telling the two apart." - Allison "Al" Carter

I got this comic by chance while shuffling through a box of new comics in Filbar's in Festival Mall, Muntinlupa City. I was so amazed to have found this comic since I know that it would not be out in the shelves till next month (February 2014).

I bought this comic for the same price it will be sold by comic bookstores. It was also to my amazement that they had sold it to me since it was a retailer's copy, which I failed to notice on the front cover due to my surprise in finding this a month in advance. But still, it is a keeper since it would be a rare opportunity for me to just suddenly buy this off the shelf of a comic bookstore.

The difference with this retailer exclusive preview copy from the issue to be released next month is that the contents are not colored. It is only the front and the back cover of the comic that is colored by the artist. It really teases a lot by giving a preview on the art and the story of this new comic with the color being left out. In this preview I could personally say that this looks interesting. One could get the feeling that this might be a bad choice, but I think this might be due to the lack of color that it has.

I'll do the review for the story after I get a copy of the comic with full color next month. So far I'd say that you should try to browse this preview copy in a comic book store nearby. Try to buy it if they would allow you. But if they won't, well just browse through it and you might get interested in following this new series from Joe's Comics.

More of The Adventures of Apocalypse Al can be seen at:
Joe's Comics: www.studiojms.com
Image Comics, Inc.: www.imagecomics.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...